To make your living space more interesting, experts suggest using at least three different patterns for your room. Mixing prints in a space can add more color and can give your room a unique atmosphere. Follow these simple tips to incorporate color and patterns into your decor without overwhelming your space.
- Start by choosing a large, bold pattern that will determine the main focal color of your room.
- Create a uniform look by using different patterns that are close in color.
- Create a statement wall by using patterned wallpaper. This is a simple way to help choose your main pattern and color scheme.
- Use a bright patterned rug to create a statement piece that will bring the whole space together.
- Use dark shades against light or vivid colors to create contrast.
- Mix up patterned pillows with your wall art or coffee table accessories for a simple pop of texture and color.
- If you are still unsure about mixing different patterns, select a solid base color to act as a canvas for all of your patterns. This will make it easier to mix in other classic patterns such as black and white stripes.
23 Ways to Mix Patterns in Your Home Decor [Brit + Co]
Ideas and Guidelines to Mixing & Matching Patterns in your Home [The House of Smiths]
Using Color, Pattern, and Texture in Home Decorating [For Dummies]